Hello! I decided to give you information about the optometrist salary in New York, NY and the business conditions of the optometrists. Because you’re curious about these things. I wrote this article for this reason. Be sure to read this before you get into the job interview. Other medicine salaries can be found here.
Optometrist salary in New York how much annual average is it?
Optometrist annual average salary in New York is approximately $ 123,730. In New York, the optometrist wage average for the is approximately $ 59.49 per hour.
The national average for the optometrist salary is $ 119,100 per year and $ 57.26 per hour, respectively, as of May 2017. Understandably, the optometrist salary in New York is higher than the national average. So, being an optometrist in New York is a profitable business.
Optometrists have different factors that affect their working hours and salaries. Because some optometrists open their own clinics. So, it will be more accurate to assess how much they will work and their salaries on their own earnings. In addition, 72% of employees are satisfied with their salary. In addition, 72% of optometrists working in New York are females. Also, the earnings differences of optometrists by seniority are as follows:
- Starting optometrist salary in New York for an annual approximately: $ 80,000
- Junior optometrist salary in New York for an annual approximately: $ 100,000
- Experienced optometrist salary in New York for an annual approximately: $ 120,000
- Senior optometrist salary in New York for an annual approximately: $ 150,000
The above salaries do not have the fraction. Because these salaries are given approximately.
How are optometrists work environment?
Optometrists held about 40,200 jobs in 2016. Also, the largest employers of optometrists were as follows:
- Offices of optometrists: 54%
- Offices of physicians: 16%
- Health and personal care stores: 14%
- Self-employed workers: 8%
- Government: 3%