Have a nice day. I have already written to you about Paralegal Salary in Charlotte, North Carolina. Today I got a post about a dental assistant salary in North Carolina. You can find helpful information to read before applying for a job.
What Dental Assistants Do?
Dental assistants are valuable members of the dental care team, which greatly increases the productivity of the dentist in providing quality oral health care. If you have strong communication skills if you enjoy working with your mind as well as your hands, and if you want a responsible career, the dental assistant is for you.
Duties of Dental Assistants
Dental assistants usually do the following:
- Getting and improving dental x-rays (x-rays)
- Asking the patient’s medical history, take blood pressure and pulse
- Serving as an infection control officer, to develop an infection control protocol, to prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Teaching oral hygiene strategies appropriate to the disease to protect oral health; (eg tooth brushing, dental flossing, and nutrition counseling)
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (eg planning appointments, answering the phone, billing and placing orders)
- Helping to ensure direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, and oral surgery
How much is the dental assistant salary in North Carolina (NC)?
The salary of the dental assistant is approximately $ 17.65 per hour in North Carolina. This salary is 7% more than the national average.
If we look at the dental assistant salary in NC cities, we can see that they are close to each other. Charlotte, North Carolina’s most populous city, earns an annual average of $ 35,500. This salary is $ 34,800 in Raleigh and $ 34,100 in Greensboro. The dental assistant salary of $ 34,700 in Winston-Salem is $ 34,500 in Durham.